Minutes - PHRF-LO EYC District Meeting November 4 2017 - Kingston Yacht Club
1. Participants: Bill Visser (CBYC; DC); Gord Cooke (BYC); Dan Machold (CYC); Tom Tomlinson (HHYC); Rob Colwell (KYC); Guy Perrin (Brit YC - Skype); Kirk Robertson (Brit YC - Skype)
2. Minutes of previous meeting (April 30) approved
3. EYC District Chief selection; Bill Visser
4. New Business
a. Handicapping Items:
i. New Boats:
1. Farr 38 SD – KYC (Rob Colwell) – further information is required. Given additional suggestions, Rob will amend the worksheet and re-submit to the District for consideration.
2. Cape Dory Typhoon (Daysailer) – HHYC (Tom Tomlinson) -further information is required. Given additional suggestions, Tom will amend the worksheet and re- submit to the District for consideration.
iii. Other Items
1. Rob Colwell asked about update on Sport Boats. It was commonly felt that in this District it is important to recognize that we do not have the participation numbers that allow for tight band in the PHRF SP division splits or easily separating to different divisions. The District anxiously awaits the outcome of ongoing studies.
b. Changes Upcoming
i. Everyone reminded to watch the new web site for news.
5. Other Business
6. Club Reports
a. Tom Tomlinson is assuming handicapper responsibilities for HHYC from Canaan Leonard.
b. Generally, all clubs felt the impacts to their racing programs as a result of the water level issues this past season.
7. Next Meeting: Nov 3 2018
8. Meeting adjourned