Executive Conference Call (Skype)
Sunday, December 15, 2013
Attendees: Larry Beneway (Pres), Mike Campbell (V. Pres), Andrew Sensicle (Sec/Tres), Brian Thomson (Chief Handicapper), Adam Farkas (Asst. Chief), Brian Chapman (TAC), Diana Riley (Exec. Asst).
1. Meeting was called to order at 7:45 pm via Skype Conference.
2. Assistant Chief Handicapper position
Brian Thomson has attempted to contact Fred Suppon to take over position, but has not had luck so far, he will continue to pursue Fred but if declined, then it is suggested that we approach Alison Jones to take the position. Adam noted that we need to find someone soon, so they have a chance to get up to date on current items.
2. PHRF-LO Championship
Brian Chapman & Mike Chambell are working with LYRA & ABYC on a sactioned PHRF Lake Ontario Championship award. Some thoughts on this include:
- Focusing on a single event has the potential to bring in more boats
- Championship could be moved to other events in future years
- Races would include Windward Leeward and Mid Distance Day Race.
- Would include awards for Flying Sails & Non-flying sails fleets and possibly mid fleet awards.
- Would include scheduled daily prizes during the event (prizes would be in the form of gear and equipment supplied by the event sponsors.)
- The final awards presentation would take place after racing on Sunday, August 3rd and be the customary trophies and flags. All prize and awards presentations will be for first, second, and third (assuming 5 boats per division) with mid division positions duly recognized.
- Currently LYRA has 3 PHRF-LO trophies that can be re-purposed
- Marketing would include promotional material at the Boat show, club newsletters, in-person presentations at clubs and Email blasts both from LYRA and PHRF-LO.
Motion to accept the proposal and continue to move forward with this was accepted.
3. Projects budget for 2014
Considering the projects forecast supplied by Diana Riley and item 2 above.
Motion to accept the project funding budget as supplied by Andrew at the November 16th meeting. Larry Beneway/Brian Thomson. Carried.
4. Meeting was adjourned at 8:40 pm.