Saturday, November 19, 2016
Mike Campbell (President), Bill Topping (Vice President), Alison Jones (Act. Sec/Tres), Brian Thomson (Chief Handicapper), Adam Farkas (Asst. Chief), Jamie Dike (Asst. Chief), Diana Riley (Exec. Asst), Sheena Tait (Admin Asst)
- Meeting was called to order at 9:05 am
- Approval of Minutes from November 19, 2015, M/S Adam Farkas / Bill Topping. Carried
- Executive Review: All will Continue in current positions
Acting Sec/Treas: Alison Jones will be nominated (to continue) at the AGM.
- Training and Education Seminars:
a) AGM –Presentation of Handicapping changes
b) Spring Training – Looking for host club in East end (Eastern District ) or (Rochester District)
Will ask: KYC, PEYC, CYC + HHYC
5. Financial Review & Budget Proposal
a) Motion to accept Financial review as presented. M/S. Alison/Adam. Carried.
b) Motion: To Revise Budget to be $2250 for Promotion of events. With the following criteria:
- Members must submit Application to be considered.
- Applications must be received by Executive by Deadline of April 1st.
- All Applications submitted to be approved by 2 members of the Executive.
M/S Alison Jones/Jamie. Carried. Vote: Motion Carried!
c) Admin Remuneration – An increase in the hourly rate for the Admin Assistant was discussed and approved.
d) Project Review
Central Council – Form to keep track of Projects was requested by the Treasurer.
e) 2017 Budget Proposal. Motion to approve budget with changes carried in these minutes. M/S. Alison/Jamie. Carried.
f) HST- To register for HST as soon as over $50,000 or the 2018 Fiscal Year, whichever is sooner.
Motion by Allison Jones: Second: Jamie Dike: Votes: Carried.
6. a) Bylaws – Motion: New Application
7.1 a) Minimum fleet # as determined by the Executive. ON HOLD until next meeting
Addition: Membership may be reviewed if not in compliance with “Bylaws” or “Member Rights and Responsibility” will be added to the Bylaws to allow for membership to be suspended.
b) Online Certificates - Basic Discussion only. Should be in place for the 2017 racing season. May possibly be used for owners for distance races with different sail configurations.
c) Promotion of Events – Discussed earlier, regarding use of PHRF-LO logo, as per revised Promotion Budget.
The Executive will work out a form/application/approval criteria to be presented at the AGM.
d) Projects: General discussion on the status of current projects.
e) PHRF Championship 2017 – Rochester/GYC Hosting this year.
7. Meeting Adjourned: 11:33am
NEXT MEETING: Saturday November 18, 2017
Crossover items with Central Council
AGM – will stay with the 1st Saturday of the Toronto Boat Show, but will look at holding it the 2nd weekend. Will place on the agenda for a Vote at the 2017 AGM for possible change for 2018.
Spring Training will be on March 25, 2017
- Looking into Clubs on the East end of the lake as host
- Club must also be able to host the 2nd CC meeting the Sunday after.